This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information.
By using our Services and/or registering for an account with us, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not provide the information we require, we may not be able to provide all of our Services to you.
1. Defined terms used in this policy are
BitcoinRewards is the Trademark of TRAJANS.MARKET PTY LTD, trading as BitcoinRewards, ABN 48 614 357 452. Referred to in this policy as "BitcoinRewards", "us", "our" or "we".
Trajans. Market Pty Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "BitcoinRewards", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
Partners mean those entities that recommend BitcoinRewards membership.
Supplier means a supplier of goods or services to you or to us.
Personal information is information, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
BitcoinRewards member means a person or entity that becomes a member of BitcoinRewards and takes advantage of the benefits of being part of BitcoinRewards membership.
2. Collection of your personal information
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be directly or indirectly identified, such as your first and last name, telephone number, postal and electronic addresses, date of birth, password and payment information. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
In the course of our business, we collect and process personal data in different ways. We may collect personal data you give us directly but we also collect data by logging how you interact with our services, for example by using cookies on our site. We may also receive information from third-parties.
Mandatory information are identified on our site by an asterisk. If mandatory information are not provided to us, your request might not be processed or processed late.
We collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us.
Identifying information such as your name, addresses, Digital Currency payment/wallet address, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us
BitcoinRewards collects personal information to assist it and its related bodies to conduct their activities and provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by BitcoinRewards includes but is not limited to:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- contact information which may include an email address and mobile phone number;
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction and Digital Currency payment and wallet address;
- user IDs and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- business information, such as ABN/ACN and licence number;
- information about the devices on which you visit the site, and your activities on those sites;
- records and content of communications with BitcoinRewards or any other person;
- your preferred shopping preferences and the types of promotions that may interest you;
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations, IP addresses, and Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's "Settings" menu. As soon as you use a Bitcoinrewards application on your mobile device, we may collect and use your information. In addition, we may collect information about your location with your consent if your mobile device has been configured to send this type of information to BitcoinRewards (see your mobile device's privacy settings). You can change the privacy settings of your mobile device at any time and disable the functionality that shares your location information with BitcoinRewards. For help with your mobile device's privacy settings, please contact the manufacturer of your mobile device.;
- Additional information we are required or authorised by applicable laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected;
- BitcoinRewards membership details;
- Products, services and offers from our Partners and suppliers that interest you; an
- What membership benefits interest you most and what benefits you have taken up.
3. How we use your personal data
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalised experience on our sites, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, and detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations.
Deactivating your BitcoinRewards account:
In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with our legal requirements, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable laws.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of our services and/or special offers. To do this, we may send you emails and/or push notifications with information about offers and services that may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested or if you purchased goods or services from our partners and you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
Each time you receive an email of this type, you will be able to tell us if you no longer wish to receive them, or deny push notifications in the application, or change the settings of your mobile device to do so. You will be able to unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link that you will find at the bottom of each communication you receive from us.
Please note that we may continue to send you service communications, such as administrative messages about your account until you close your account.
3.1. In addition, we use the personal information we collect to:
- Provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalised experience on BitcoinRewards;
- To contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities;
- Contact you about your account and provide you customer service;
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service;
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our User Agreement, applicable laws, and any agreement we may have with you;
- Personalise our advertising and marketing communications;
- provide our benefits including Digital Currency; and
- Personalise, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising customisation preferences.
4. With whom we share your personal data
We may disclose your personal information to other members of BitcoinRewards corporate family or to third-parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services.
We do not disclose your personal information to third-parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
BitcoinRewards may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than BitcoinRewards. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- BitcoinRewards’ staff and BitcoinRewards' related bodies corporate and their staff;
- The public if you advertise with BitcoinRewards or use publicly available Communications Services;
- Partners and suppliers of BitcoinRewards; and
- Payment services providers.
Outside the scope of the above provisions, you will be informed when your personal data will be shared with third parties, and you will be able to ask us not to share this information.
We may also share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we will be able to communicate to our advertisers the number of visitors to our site or the most popular restaurants. This information does not contain any personal data.
5. How long we keep your personal data for
We may keep some of the information associated with your account in our records, notably for analysis purposes or for maintaining our records. The retention period for your personal data depends on the purpose for which we collect it and the use we make of it.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is strictly necessary for the purposes set out in Section 3 "How we use your personal data" or to meet our legal obligations. For marketing purposes, the retention period is 3 years from the date of your last activity. We may retain certain personal information for a longer period, even after the closing of your account, if it is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations or to maintain security, to prevent fraud and abuse and to defend or enforce our rights. If you choose to close your account your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our site within 14 days.
6. Cookies and other web technologies
We collect information via cookies and other similar technologies (invisible pixels). Cookies are small text files placed automatically on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies and invisible pixels are stored by your internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your use of the internet. Your browser resends these cookies to our site each time you visit it so that your computer or mobile device is recognised in order to personalise and enhance your browsing experience.
- To identify your browser when you return to our site, to record and remember any preferences defined during your previous visit. For example, if you have registered on our site, cookies can allow us to keep your login information, so that you do not have to re-enter your connection information each time.
- To customise your browsing experience and the content on our site. For example, when you visit an internet page, we, our service providers or our partners automatically install a cookie in order to recognise your browser when you access the internet, and thus display information based on what appears to be of interest to you.
- To measure and document the effectiveness of different features, offers and electronic communications (by determining which emails you have opened and whether you clicked on a link in the email).
Data collected by business partners, third-parties and ad networks to disseminate targeted advertisements:
We allow third-parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include advertising agencies that collect information about your interests when you view or interact with any of their advertisements on various websites. This information collected by these third-parties is then used to predict your behaviour or preferences and to display targeted advertisements on third party sites.
7. Your rights
You can check, supplement and update the information you have provided by accessing the "Settings" section of your account. You may also close your BitcoinRewards account in that section or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide to close your account, we will deactivate it, and delete your profile information Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login, access your personal information. You can however, open a new account at any time.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time, through the " Settings" section of your account.
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, you may have a right of access, a right of rectification, and a right of erasure of your personal data, a right to restriction of processing of such data, a right to data portability and a right to object to the processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to determine the way your personal data would be used and the way your rights would be exercised after your death.
Please find below more details and information on how and when you can exercise your rights. We will respond to your request within 30 days, but have the right to extend this period by 60 days where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests.
You may have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request to correct your data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
The right to request deletion of your personal data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you while we verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and requests restriction; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
You can exercise several of your rights through the "Settings" section of your account. To exercise your other rights, you can file a request by e-mail to email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
In order to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights), we may request that you provide us with a copy of your identity document. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
8. How we protect your personal data
We want you to use our site with confidence. For this, we are committed to protecting the information we collect. Although no website can guarantee absolute security due to difficulties involved by online activities, we have implemented and maintain appropriate organisational, technical, administrative and physical measures in order to protect the personal data you provide us against unauthorised or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
9. External links
10. International transfers
Transfers of personal data are made:
- to a country or a company recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection, or;
- to a country which does not offer adequate protection but whose transfer has been governed by the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission.
11. Changes to this Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted.
12. Questions or Complaints
If you wish to access your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at privacy@BitcoinRewards.com.au
If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. We request that you put your complaint in writing and will promptly inform you in writing of the results of our investigations into your complaint including what steps will be taken, if any, to address your concerns. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the resolution of your complaint by us, you may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation.
If you would like further information about privacy in Australia, please review the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website or your local supervisory authority for data protection matters if you have a complaint about our use of your information; if we make any automated decisions about you, the logic involved and the significance and envisaged consequences for you.